This Week's Food Waste
|These oranges were good.|
This Week's True Food ConfessionsWe had a good week with cooking and eating our meals. However, we had a bad week with picture taking of our meals. Nevertheless, here are a few pictures from last week.
Can you find...
1. A chicken casserole? This was made to use up extra noodles that were found during a pantry clean up. We also had a chili casserole made from leftover chili. Both were tasty and easy to make.
2. Cucumbers? These cucumbers provided a nice counterpoint to the heavier casseroles. They were also a refreshing snack.
3. Roasted broccoli? We also had roasted brussel sprouts. We had been wanting more of these since we bought some very expensive ones at the grocery store a few weeks ago. Brussel sprouts were on sale, so it seemed like the perfect idea. And it was.
4. Juicy fruit? Besides these oranges, we also enjoyed fresh pineapple and apples. The apples were the Pink variety and were a nice combination of sweetness and tartness. They were pretty good for an out-of-season fruit.
5. Walnuts? Even though the squirrels are snatching food from the bird feeders, they are still enjoying nuts from the walnut trees in the back yard.