Wednesday, December 24, 2014

A Second Look--December 24, 2014

It's Christmas Eve, so a Second Look today was done from some of my Christmas decorations. Below you see a few ornaments on my tree that have a nature theme. 

Also, may these holidays be a safe, calm, and good time for you and your families whatever big or small celebrations or quiet time alone you have planned. I will be spending the next two weeks traveling, visiting, and hosting various holiday activities. I may or may not be checking in here before the new year. 

Wishing everyone Happy Holidays!

Note: I'm having a problem with Blogger this morning and there is a BIG space between the first and second pictures. Keep scrolling to see them all.
 












Queen Anne's Lace bloom pressed in epoxy


 
Turtles made from sea shells





This apple really is low hanging fruit. We hang several of these on the lowest branches of the tree for the cats to play with. You can see this one has a split in it from being played with.


This sheep was made by a friend with powder puffs and cinnamon sticks.

 


 



6 comments:

  1. Love your ornaments! We don't have a "theme" to our tree--I love our ornaments because most of them have personal meaning to me. They were gifts, or made by the kids, or purchased on our travels. It's fun to "visit" them every year.

    Have a wonderful Christmas break. Enjoy your family and have some days for relaxation, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each on of our ornaments has a story also. I think my kids have gotten bored with hearing them again and again every year, but they feign interest any way.

      Delete
  2. Merry Christmas, live and learn! Have a peaceful couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lili. Peace on earth, goodwill to men, and peace to you and your family.

      Delete
  3. The ornaments are beautiful. I especially like the 2nd one. Hope you have a beautiful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My aunt made that one for me and I've always liked it and wanted to try to make one. Maybe this summer. Happy Holidays. Hope you have some good bike riding weather.

      Delete

What do you think?