Sunday, February 2, 2014

Thankful Sunday--February 2, 2014

I am thankful for our local parks.

Although we didn't see any geese on our hike, these prints showed us the path they like to take out of the lake.

I am thankful for the great set of parks we have here. Ward and I enjoyed a hike yesterday at one of them taking advantage of the warm weather we were having (49°F).  Another snow storm is predicted for tonight so we especially enjoyed the interlude when the sun was on our backs and our mittens were in our pockets.


7 comments:

  1. I'm also soaking up this mild(er) weather while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you do anything fun to take advantage of this warm weather of did you just cut back from six pair of socks to three? :)

      Delete
  2. Good parks are wonderful, aren't they? I snowshoed at our local park last Friday. It was chilly but the workout kept me warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never snowshoed, but I hear it's a very good workout. However, I did get a pretty good workout yesterday walking up and down hills.

      Delete
    2. I just started this winter. If I'm going to live in a snow belt, I should at least find ways to enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. I love getting out into the outdoors. It's one of my resolutions to do it more this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that since you're in the writing phase of your work now, you don't have as much opportunity to be outdoors. Good luck with your resolution.

      Delete

What do you think?