Monday, June 24, 2013
What happens when you find a sale on bananas for 25¢/pound and you buy a lot of them? Then you can't eat them quite fast enough and you are trying to save them from turning to mush on the counter. However, no one wants to bake banana bread and the last extra bananas are still in the freezer because you don't like smoothies. You make Banana Pops.That's what Wally and Theo did.
1. Peel bananas and cut into halves.
2 .Insert stick. They used grilling skewers because that was what they could find. You could also use straws or popcicle sticks.
3. Melt chocolate chips in microwave. 50% power for 30 seconds and then stir. Repeat until melted.
4. If you have the right ratio of banana size to container size, dip the the bananas into the chocolate to coat. If not, dab chocolate on with a spoon.
5. Roll in sprinkles or nuts, if desired.
6. Place bananas on wax paper or parchment paper and freeze for two hours.
7. Enjoy a cold, sweet treat.
Note: This is the first time they tried this, so they have a couple of things they are going to do differently next time. They plan to cut the bananas into bite size pieces. That way the chocolate won't break off while you're biting into it. Wally, the peanut butter lover, plans to melt peanut butter and chocolate together for the coating.