Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A New Year

Happy New Year!

“Again time elapsed.”
Carolyn Keene, The Secret of the Old Clock


It all seems too soon—to have a new year start when I haven't finished everything that I had planned for last year or even last week. Or maybe it didn't come soon enough -- I am tired of everything from last year and really ready to move on. Do you ever feel conflicted like that?

We just returned from holiday travel and things are in more of a disarray than I like. We went from construction chaos, to holiday preparations, to holiday celebrations with not much breathing time in between. Some people thrive on excitement and change. Not me. While I like some variety to my life, I thrive on order.

So, I am going to do the only thing I can. I am welcoming the new year and the hope it brings of good things to come. Then I'm going to try to put some order to my house.


4 comments:

  1. Time really flew this year, I thought it was because I am getting older, but have been hearing the same sentiment from many who are decades younger than I am. 2013 brought some real challenges to my family so I am hoping, really hoping, things will be better this year for them, as I do for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think time really seems to fly when you are busy no matter how old you are. I hope for good things ahead for you and your family in 2014.

      Delete
  2. I loved Nancy Drew when I was a kid!

    I can relate so much to this. Sounds like life here for the past 2 months. I enjoy occasional variety and fun, but I crave order and space to think and be quiet. Enjoy bringing order back to your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I work in a library, I get to see Nancy Drew and other books every day that I liked as a child. A fun perk of my job.

      Delete

What do you think?