Saturday, June 22, 2013

Kitty Comfort

Did you ever have one of those days when you just felt down? That's how it was for me yesterday. It started with not enough sleep and my back hurting every time I moved. Added to that, I worried about difficulties that my friends and family were having. I tried several things to break the mood including counting my blessings, but the blahs persisted. So when I went home from work, I sought the best cure I know--my kitties.

My kitties think the world revolves around them, so I had no time to worry about myself when I got home. They met me at the door meowing loudly and demanding to be fed. However after they got full bellies, they were ready for a little purring and cat napping. I sat down on the couch and they started to arrive. First, Lucky got on my lap and began purring. And then Annie joined him there. Actually she ended up half off and half on my lap, but purred all the same. Next, Leo snuggled in by by my feet, and lastly Lucy couldn't be bothered to wake up from her nap in the dresser to join us. (Oh well, three out of four ain't bad.) After we all got settled in, I got a book and fell asleep while reading. Now, all was right with the world. There's nothing like kitty comfort.



12 comments:

  1. Glad the cats cheered you up! I almost wish I had a feline friend for that reason...chickens aren't quite the same...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear people get attached to their chickens, but I don't think it is the same.

      Delete
  2. Cats really are wonderful companions. My kitty was so dear to me. She saw me through one of the hardest times in my life, and I think seemed to know that I was particularly in need. I'm glad your kitties can provide comfort for you, as well.
    We keep the conversation going about when (not if) to get a new cat. For the time being, our neighbor's cat seems to really like us. So, we get a cat to play with in the yard, but someone else pays for the vet bills and food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is important to take the cost into account when you're considering a pet. But if you can afford it, I would get your own cat. Playing with the neighbor's is just not the same, as you know.

      Delete
    2. Hey Lili,

      You'd best be careful when having such ponderings, because the Cat Fairy is always listening... the last time I wondered if I should get another cat, she left two abandoned kittens on my back deck... and I didn't even speak the words out loud! So beware! The Cat Fairy is all seeing and all knowing! :-)

      Delete
  3. So happy they comforted you. We also have four cats and enjoy them no end. And a cat on your lap really makes you feel better and them too. They are a bit traumatized today as we have visiting family from Germany with a jet lagged grandson. They disappear frequently even though I tell them it won't be forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have one cat that disappears when anyone comes to the house--jet lagged grandson or not. Some people think we only have three cats.

      Enjoy your company and hopefully you will get to spend a little time kitty petting while they are here.

      Delete
  4. There's nothing better than kitty snuggles when you're feeling down in the dumps! So, following that logic, Princess must think that I have a terrible case of depression because she NEVER misses an opportunity to claim my lap! :-)

    I'm glad you're feeling better. Give them all a big smooch for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one cat, Annie, that follows me everywhere and gets lap time whenever she can. She has attached to just me and not the other family members. I think it is because I am usually the one who feeds them.

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad your kitties cheered you up :) My turtle is not the same, but luckily there is a cat living upstairs who is very friendly. I swear whenever I start patting him, I can feel my stress evaporating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot you had a turtle. Although it's not the same, I bet it still gives you some comfort.

      Delete
  6. Been thinking of you today...we just put a deposit down on two tiny black and white kittens that will be ready to join us in three weeks...We've never owned cats before so feeling very excited and nervous at the same time!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?