Sunday, May 26, 2013

Thankful Sunday...

I am thankful for this "Kind Hearted Woman" sign.



The story goes that hobos had a code of pictures to communicate with each other about what they found during their travels. A smiling cat, like the one above, denoted a kind hearted woman that might give you a bite to eat or a place to sleep for a night or two. I had never heard of this until a dear friend gave me this plaque many years ago. It was a great compliment. That dear friend is no longer with us, but this sign reminds me of her often. I am thankful for the memories this sign brings.


2 comments:

  1. What a cute sign. Here the practice of a light in a window used to be a sign for travelers as well, but the practice is mostly forgotten now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I first thought she got it for me because we both had cats. However, she then told me the rest of the story which was very nice.

      Delete

What do you think?