Monday, May 13, 2013

Brighton Dam Azalea Gardens--week two

Last week, Ward and I visited the Brighton Dam Azalea Garden. I hoped that we could go back in a week because I thought the azaleas would be at their peak then. Well, mission accomplished. Yesterday, Ward, Wally, Theo, and I went back for a picnic and another walk among the azaleas. I was wrong about the flowers being at their peak. Many of the bushes had faded, but there was still plenty to marvel at.

We grilled hot dogs, watched geese, checked out the dam, and walked in the azalea garden. It was a beautiful day and Mother's Day on top of that, so there were plenty of people who joined us at the park. It was fun to watch multi-generations enjoying kids, dogs, and the scenery. However, did I mention it was a windy day? Theo said that it was so windy, that the hot dogs were being moved on the grill. I do know that it was so windy that I had four layers on including Ward's sweatshirt and jacket that he brought along.

Here are a few scenes from our visit.



 

 


 















4 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a nice Mother's Day outing.
    Our azaleas are just now blooming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The azaleas in our yard are in full bloom. Luckily, the heavy recent rains didn't do too much to them.

      Delete
    2. Windy days out are the fashion this season! :-)

      Delete
    3. Shoestring, I guess that you would know something about that.

      Delete

What do you think?