Monday, April 29, 2013

Our Trip and a Poem

Since April is National Poetry Month, I have been posting poems then and again. Today I am posting a poem about our trip to Boston this past weekend. We were visiting my sister-in-law and her family. She has been ill and we were hoping that this visit might buoy her spirits. I hope that it did that for her. I know it did for us.

 Our Trip

Trip: From Baltimore to Boston to Belmont

Belmont: Home to little sister, big nephew, and bigger dad

Dad: Showed movies, gave directions, and told stories

Stories: About big brother and little sister

Sister: Modeled black, green, and blue hats

Hats: Protected from sunshine at sheep festival

Festival: Amazing dogs, Morris dancing, and beautiful day

Day: Day turned to evening and grill cooked steaks

Steaks: Carnivores were happy

Happy: Everyone was happy with trip

Trip: From Belmont to Boston to Baltimore


Scenes from the Sheep Sheering Festival



8 comments:

  1. What a lovely trip (and poem about the trip).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When Theo was much younger, he and Wally visited with the this aunt. When he returned, he wrote a poem using the same style as the one above. That's why I chose that format. Yes, it was a lovely trip.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had a good trip. And I just want to say, you always find the most interesting sites to see -- I never even knew sheep shearing festivals existed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a good trip. We did not see sheep being sheared at the festival, but we did see the best sheep herding dog demo I have ever seen.

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a lovely trip :) The sheep shearing festival sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had a nice visit and enjoyed the festival. Very cool poem too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I was watching the border collie demo, I thought about Heidi and how different what she does is. Also, they had three goats with the sheep. They were not obedient as the sheep.

      Delete
  5. Looks like you had a great trip!!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?