Thursday, March 21, 2013

Papers, papers, papers



I have a love-hate relationship with paper. I love the feel of it. I love reading old-fashioned books and newspapers made of it. I love receiving a letter actually written on it. But I hate the way it multiplies. It seems no matter where I turn, it taunts me. From the desk. From the floor. From the files. From the shelf. From under the sink. (Actually, we don't have much under the sink, but I thought that made a good dramatic point.)

And if you want to read between the lines from above, you will discover what I really mean is that I hate paperwork. And if you want to read between the words of the last line, you will discover what I really mean is that I hate doing the taxes. Someday, I will finish. Someday will not be soon enough. 
 _____________________________________________________
 Actually I am working on both our taxes and my parents taxes this year and everything is quite complicated. I will should be spending less time on my blog until they are all done.

 

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I'm thinking of you. The tax situation sounds very complicated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is complicated. We're going this weekend to my parents house to gather more papers.

      Delete
  2. I feel awash in paperwork too. It feels so good when it is done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's never really done, but the taxes have a definite deadline with the feeling of being done when they're completed. Do you have much paperwork with your goats?

      Delete
  3. Of course I empathise, having made my own paper piles public this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I don't like doing it, I don't always keep up with the paperwork like I should. However, the taxes are whole different subject.

      Delete
  4. I can relate to this too; I just did my taxes and my parents' - and they were splitting pension income!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think that my parents want me going into their taxes on my blog, but they have a complicated situation this year. More complicated than they have ever had before and I am having to learn a lot as I go along. It seems, however, that most of the time I am confused.

      Delete

What do you think?