It's time for Food Waste Friday, when the Frugalgirl encourages us to post pictures from the previous week of wasted food from our household. This accountability hopefully will help us to be more careful with our food and maybe save some money. Also, I am using this public forum to encourage us to eat out less which includes better meal planning. You can follow how we are doing in this endeavor by reading True Food Confessions.
This Week's Food Waste
|This piece of candy was saved, but several others like it were not.|
- Does the five second rule apply here?
- Is it five seconds or ten seconds that food can be on the ground before it's contaminated?
- Didn't they test the five second rule (or the ten second rule) on Mythbusters?
- Now what was the result of that test? I think that stuff does get dirty when it's on the floor for a little bit.
- Or was that result from the double dipping of a chip in dip?
- Wonder if I wash these pieces off, would they be okay?
- Gosh, I need to rearrange that shelf, so things don't fall out on the floor when I open the door.
- I guess I will throw out the candy. It's not like it's chocolate or anything.
Thanks to Simply Being Mom for hosting Food Waste Friday this week.
This Week's True Food Confessions
This was a pretty good week again. We were out all day Saturday, but came home to a pot of pea soup that I had put into the Crock Pot that morning. In the past, we would have eaten on the way home even if food were waiting. When we're hungry, we're hungry. We had a snack instead. Sunday was also a busy day during which we had leftover soup. Another night was meat loaf, potatoes, and salad that served us for a couple of dinners. And to round out our week of leftovers, we had pizza for two meals.