Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Second Look--November 21,2012

I am amazed every week that I am still seeing flowers in bloom. Some of them look like their buds escaped the frost and are choosing to bloom when we have a warmer day. Also with most of the leaves down, I now get a chance to see the silhouette of the bare trees against the sky--a beauty all of its own. Both of these are treasures among the droopy, brown plants that predominate the yard.

Here are a few of the things I saw this week 
when I took a Second Look.

Three stages of a Blanket Flower bloom.


Sweet gum leaf caught on its way down.



Lunchtime for the cattle


Lunchtime for a squirrel


Mums


Unidentified piece of skull


Geraniums


Maple Tree


2 comments:

  1. You live where you can find pieces of skulls? Our flowers are pretty much gone now, including our mums. I would suggest you enjoy those while they are there, but from your beautiful pictures I know you are already enjoying them daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a lot of wild life that live in or about our yard. I think this was probably from a deer. We also regularly see squirrels, foxes, skunks, ground hogs, rabbits, field mice, chipmunks, and a variety of birds. There are also rumored to be coyote and big cats around. We find bones then and again of various animals.

      Delete

What do you think?