This is the time of year we are reminded to give thanks for all that we have. It goes without saying (but I'm going to say it) that I am thankful for my family, friends, health, and the dawning of a new day. But I'm also thankful for a few other things.
I'm thankful for:
1. Trixie Belden books. I've loved these books when I was growing up because Trixie, the main character, had to do chores like I did before she went out to solve mysteries. After my chores, I didn't go out and solve many mysteries, but I did spend time looking for secret passageways in my attic.
2. This pencil. Clever Ward attached a magnet to this pencil so it would always stay by the list pad on the refrigerator. No more frustrating searches for something to write with when I need to add to the list.
3. This computer game. Miss Landers introduced Flip Words to our family that is a cross between hangman and boggle. The whole family has gotten a lot of enjoyment out of it. And when I say the whole family I mean mostly me.
4. This mended remote. Luckily, this remote could be fixed easily with a rubber band after the back fell off. I don't want to say that I don't know how to work the TV without it, but I don't.
5. This rice cooker. We have had this for several years and I have not burnt any rice since we got it. Thanks to Miss Landers who recommended it after her stay in Japan.
4. This clean lawn chair. We borrowed a power washer and look what it did for this lawn chair. Not only do we have a chair that we can use now, Wally and I had a lot of fun blasting the dirt away.
5. A rechargeable battery for my camera.
(Picture to follow when the battery finishes charging.)